Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mid-20's crisis..yikes!


Relax, chilling and not having to worry 'bout a single thing is basically all I want to do at the moment. Pretty sick of reporting sales figures, analysis, chasing after targets etc.. *groans*.. Am through with it for sure!! I came across this article " Welcome to the mid-20's crisis!" published in CLEO mag (Dec '09 issue)..hmm.. Pretty interesting!

Well, we've always heard of mid-life crisis, with a perception that it usually hit those who're in their 30's/40's, right? Aye!Aye! Guess what? Mid-20's crisis (or better known as Quarterlife crisis) actually DOES exist and we certainly are not alone. I quote from the article: -
"Pulling your hair out because you haven't scored that OS job, inner-city pad, and dream guy by 25?"
Does that sound familiar? Or this (also quoted from CLEO mag - Dec '09 issue) ???.. :-
"When you're not happy at work, nothing excites or motivates you anymore; or in love, you feel pretty wretched. Hence, putting yourself under immense pressure and questioning where your life is going."
I must admit, upon reading this article, i felt immensely relieved. There was a point in time when I thought I was going psycho, plunging into deep depression. The question that kept lingering on my mind was 'Why is this happenning to me? Why am I feeling this way?'.. At least now, I see some light in my current situation.

(Quoted from the article "Welcome to Mid-20's crisis", CLEO mag - Dec '09 issue)
Important key points: -
  • Unrealistic expectations
  • All work, no life - Work hard, play hard.
  • The tyranny of 'should' - Remove the 'shoulds' from your life and replace with 'I want to' or ' I choose to' .
  • Operation "I'm OK" - Follow your dreams and aspirations. Don't let anything stop you - neither work nor men *winks*.
  • Focus on the present - Focus on what's going to bring you joy now.
  • Meaning vs money
  • Compromise is an artform - Abby Wilner quoted 'Sacrifices in the short term can make you better off in the long run'.
  • Remember to feel good.
Hope by sharing this, it helps to shed some light in any of your situations relevant to this as it did to mine. *winks*

* Here's some of the ways of how I chill - surfing the Net, a dose of alcohol, cooking, Vietnamese drip- coffee *


No comments:

Post a Comment