Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pan mee @ changkat



* The place *

My housemate has been telling me numerous times about this "pan-mee" (egg noodles) that is super smooth at Changkat. So being a "pan mee" fanatic, I decided to meet up with my hometown frennie's for lunch since I was working around that area on Tuesday. Basically, it's located right behind HSBC bank at Jalan Beremi.


Hmm...my first disappointment was, the traditional type of "pan mee" whereby, which comprises of small pieces of dough, was not available. Fact is that I noticed that it is not entirely common here in KL. They prefer to serve the machine rolled thick/thin noodle type of "pan mee" here. Secondly, the broth/ soup-base was utterly bland. Thirdly and most importantly for a chilli-addict, the belacan served was not as hot as it seems. No doubt the texture of the noodles were super smooth but it was definitely a let-down. My vote still strongly goes to the "pan mee" shop, Restaurant Tai Siew in Kuchai Lama. My all-time-favourite "pan mee" place.

* The soup-based thick noodle "pan mee" *

* The dry thin-noodles "pan mee" *

* Pork-balls - additional costs incurred *

Despite some disappointments in the food department, I was pretty delighted with my purchase at the thrift shop next door. I bought 4 books for RM20 only, 2nd hand books. And the icing on the top was that all the proceedings goes to charity. Well, well!! I get my reads and I get to do some good deeds. Not bad at all!! A double whammy, I reckon!

* The KLBC thrift shop *

* 2nd- handed books: 4 for RM20 - cheap, huh? *

* My recent purchases from Borders *

* Hommie's books *

Nothing better than curling up on the couch or your bed, having a good read!! That's what I like best.. Perfect way to chill!! Can barely wait for my breakie, then I can do this full time!!!

2 comments:

  1. got one good pan mee at ...taman counagh, damn i duno how to spell it ! but damn far and road side de. but i damn sure u dun wan to eat out door lo. so i never bring u there.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thr before..connaught! janice brought me there previously ^.^

    ReplyDelete