Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Berry day ...


Teehee... I baked a cake today out of boredom!! I remembered buying a kilo of raspberry and blueberries in Perth so I decided to make use of them. Went in search for the perfect cake recipe for these berries and on Taste.com.au, I stumbled upon a Blueberry and Yoghurt cake recipe. 

Ingredients (serves 10)

  • 125g butter
  • 1 cup caster sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 1 cup self-raising flour
  • 3/4 cup vanilla yoghurt 
  • 1 cup frozen blueberries
  • Vanilla yoghurt, to serve

* I substituted the vanilla yoghurt for a mixed berry yoghurt (couldn't find any vanilla one's in the mart)*

* Delicious berries from my Aussie trip (I mix them with cereals and muesli as well) *

So, after all the measuring of ingredients, beating, mixing, greasing ...yaadaa..yaadaa...yaadaa... 

* Before baking (I added in some walnuts as well -leftover ones I found in the fridge!) *

Ohh... threw in some leftover chocolate chips as a bonus too!! Cake ain't the same with no chocolate ... Hehe!!


Upon 50 mins of baking in the oven at 350 F, tadaaaa.....(kitchen smells of berries,nuts and cake..Yummy!!) ..

* Mmmm...Couldn't help having a slice of the berrilicious cake!! *

I must admit, I am very pleased with the result of this recipe (kudos to Donna Boyle for the wonderful recipe). Hmmm... what shall I do next? Some cupcakes, maybe? .. 

No comments:

Post a Comment