Thursday, July 15, 2010

If you could see me now ...


One of my recent reads, Cecilia Ahern's If You Could See Me Now (author of PS, I Love You), is about a girl with a bad history in life - mum left her when she was 12, disengaged dad, wacko sister, and being a reluctant mother to her sister's young son. She meets someone (who is not in this world, not a ghost but a fairy of some sort - invisible friend) who helps her change her perception in life and whom she fell in love with. Touching story with a liberal sprinkling of magic. A good read, I reckon!

I guess in 'real' life, sometimes we wish that things are like the tales we read but sad to say, it never is. In the real life, things are far more complicated though at times, it can be simple if we wish to. But being humans, simple is always never enough. Cruel reality!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment