Wednesday, September 23, 2009

mooncakes

Went shopping today..NOT FOR ME!!! (Note:- Shopping ban. Yeah! I still remember). Since Mid-Autumn Festival is arriving, bought some mooncakes for a few of my key customers (*LOL*). Another short shopping spree.. I'm quite impressed by the packagings and varieties of mooncakes available this year. Didn't have my camera with me though, couldn't take pictures of the cute, creative packaging and delicious varieties of mooncakes available. I had a budget of rm200 (rm100 per customer, and was limited to 2 customers) so i made full use of the money provided. Here are the pics of the mooncakes i bought:-


* The box (bit on the traditional side)


* The Mooncakes (Top: Shanghainese; Bottom: White lotus single-yolk)


* Details 'bout the origins of Mid-Autumn Festival


* Renaissance's paper bag (bit *blurghh* rite?)


* The big box



* The small 'lil boxes holding the mooncakes.


* Westin's paperbag (nicer, huh?)

The ones from Hilton KL and Shangri-la Hotel had intricate designs in terms of packaging. The boxes were shaped like a drawer cum traditional chinese basket..too bad my budget wasn't enough for these two..they were impressive though. And they had loads of varieties for the 'pingpei' (snow skin mooncakes)..a delight for the eyes as well as your tummy =P . Didn't get any for myself as i am not a big fan of mooncakes, except for those made of jelly. Oh, and Haagen Daz's ones were pretty divine..but expensive though, think around rm32 just for a small mooncake (the size of the snowskin mooncake).

Wanna head out for Bak-Kut Teh at SS14 subang now.. my tummy is growling..HUNGRYYY!!!

1 comment: