Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Fishy delight ..


For the past 30 mins, I've been trying to sleep but somehow or rather my mind is still awake. Hence, I resort to blogging. Well, I was actually thinking of what to pack for my upcoming trip. OOoo.. can barely wait!! Hehe.. Yes! I know it's a silly reason for not being able to fall asleep. But, you must know that I for one, is certainly not a light packer. Thus, the tendency to overpack runs deep in my blood. *laughs* Anyways, I guess I'll get that sorted out later. 3 more days to go..Whoopee doo~

Rambling aside, here's a place for fish lovers - cheap and satisfying!

Restoran Lan Je


Finally, they have a branch at Kota Damansara (Seksyen 6). And I must say, I was a bit hestitant of the quality of the food initially. Reason being, as mentioned in my previous post, usually the standards deteriorate tremendously once the nice food stalls/shops expand their businesses. However, a definite thumbs up to Lan Je.

I first came across this place back in 2007 when I was still working in my first job. Back then, Rawang was part of the numerous areas in KL that I covered for my job. One day, my boss who was on field with me suggested that we have lunch at this 'steamfish' place, which he heard was quite famous among the locals. So, we went in search for this place and it was not hard to locate either. Well, it was definitely worth the hunt!! The place was basically packed most of the time. Business was good and needless to say, that's the main reason for opening new branches in P.J. Plus, not all will travel all the way up north to Rawang for steamfish.


Waiting is a 'must' at this restaurant. But as you can see (above pic), these people definitely do not mind the wait.

* The ever popular - Lan Je steamfish *

The fish is very fresh and appetizing. Most of them who dine here will order a fish per person. And all the fish dishes comes in one size. However, me and my frenny decided to share 1 fish in order to sample other dishes as well.

* Tofu with minced pork *

* Lettuce with fermented beancurd *

Frenny even ordered extra bowl of rice (surprisingly!!) as evidently the steamfish was very appetizing...*LOL* So, guess how much the total bill came up to? RM 40 inclusive of 2 soft drinks. I find it very reasonable especially for such a sated and healthy meal.

P/S:- I found out that they also have another branch in Serdang. No idea on the location in Serdang though. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment