Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dinner with Aunt C

Too lazy to work today. Tsk! Tsk! This is bad, I've been feeling so lazy and lethargic for more than a week. Damn the bloody coughing!! I feel so drained and lifeless the whole day. Woke up with a bloody headache this morning. Haven't been sleeping well for the past 2 weeks. Hopefully my Mama's chinese herbal pills will work.

Met up with Aunt C from overseas for dinner just now. I am quite impressed with my memory actually coz i still can recognize her. According to my dear aunt, the last time she saw me was 21 years ago, back in 1988, i was only 6 years old then. Gosh! Time flies. We went for dinner together with my 2 cousin sis and 3rd Aiyee. Aunt C had craving for curry fish head, initial plan was to try out this place on 3rd mile of Old Klang Road, but when we reached there, we realized it was an Indian restaurant instead of Chinese. So, alternative place was a place called Bintang Curry Fish Head along Jalan Puchong. Seems to be quite famous but too bad it was closed. Boo!!

After 2 hiccups, we decided to try out a hakka place called Ho Boh Restaurant, located at the row of shops along the main road, same row as Maybank, opposite road would be Old Town White Coffee. Pregnant cousin A had cravings for meat so we ordered Yellow wine chicken (initial choice was duck but it was sold out), Vinegar pork trotter, 'mui choy', Four Angle Bean & Long bean with fried ikan bilis, fried ikan kembong with cili padi & garlic and 'lui cha' (for cousin A) and a must have fried abacus (made of yam) with fried shallots, dried shrimps, mushrooms and minced meat. For drinks, we had ginseng herbal tea. A hearty meal, i would say. I would give it a 4/5 and a thumbs up for the food. The portions are small so you can order many dishes to try and chances of food wastage are very low. I would definitely be going back to try out more dishes. After all, I am of half Hakka descendent. It's a shame i didn't bring my dig. camera, if not could've taken pics of the sumptuous meal.

Went back to my cousins place to hang out and chat with my aunts and cousins till around 11pm. I enjoyed their company greatly. Don't know why but recently I have learnt to appreciate being amongst family and relatives more compared to last time. Partly due to the fact that everyone is so far away and the times spent together is deeply appreciated. Looking forward for them to come back during Chinese New Year and also, this upcoming CNY will be special with the arrival of my Cousin's A daughter to our big family.

Yeay!! Finally, a newborn baby. All the aunts and uncles have been waiting for this moment for a very long time. They were joking the other day that the new baby would be the 'Princess' of the family, with so many aunts, uncles and cousins fussing all over her. Haha! Can't wait!! The baby is due on the 4th of January '10, same day as my sis's birthday. Cool, huh! I think most of the family will be coming back then. The whole Nee Yan Garden will be shaken with our voices and laughter for sure. That tends to happen each time when everyone gathers. Chaos, Loud, Crazy & Noisy will be the precise words to best describe my family members. *LOL* Oh! Nearly forgot, and Mahjong, 'quintessential' item in my family. Miss them dearly..Awww..faster come back my dear sis, her funny hubby and my whacko cousins. Seremban is just not fun without you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment