Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Lethargic & Lazy!

Grrrr...Hate the constant coughing and itchiness of my throat...and all the medications, cough mixture especially are making me lethargic the whole day and draining me of my energy. Don't feel like doing anything at all, except lying on my bed listening to Lenka and Secondhand Serenade playing from my iTunes. I've finished all the medications given by Doc previously, helped a tad bit only.

Went back home yesterday and stayed a night. Couz K flew back to Perth last night. Felt a bit nostalgic about my childhood times in the midst of chatting with mum. The whole gang of cousinz running around creating chaos in Nee Yan Garden. Fun times, i would say! I missed dearly the old times, back when the grandma's were always shouting and chasing us with 'rotans' when we were kids. Now that everyone has grown up and are based all over the continent, it gets a bit lonely sometimes when i'm at home. Can't wait for everyone to be back..*sigh*..That's life i guess!

Had a second round of birds nest this morning. Totally didn't feel like coming back to KL at all if it weren't for my expenses claims which was due this week. Last night, mum forced me to consume some chinese herbal medications as usual. Yes! Mum is a strong and avid believer in chinese medicine. Since young, i've been trained to consume various types of herbal medicines mainly because i was quite weak and fell sick quite often then. The worst one i've had so far would be the sea-horse boiled with other herbal stuffs. *Blurgghhhhh*...both the taste and smell of it is beyond horrible. I still remember my mum forcing me to chug down the whole bowl of horror and the next second i puked everything out. Aww..man! It was awful!!! Funny experience though.

As usual, i will bring back loads of stuff from home each time i go back. Papa bought some dishes for me to reheat. Was nagged by Mum for buying all my favorite dishes, which is everything spicy and hot. *LOL* That's my dad! Mum was nagging ' Why are you still buying all this heaty food..bla!bla!bla! She's coughing badly and you still buy curry chicken?? Nag!Nag!Nag!" Thanks papa! Enjoyed the stuff you bought.... =)

Brought back these as well (was actually forced to by Mum =P):-

* Funny labels on the herbal pills *

* Vinegar (for detox) *

* Check out the directions *

Thought i'll throw in pic of my dinner (cooked the soup; the 2 dishes was brought back from home-courtesy of my dad):-


After watching Gossip Girl on TV later, I am determined to dig in to this book (my fellow hommie's) and finish chapter 1 tonight. Hopefully i won't fall asleep half-way through.. *fingers crossed* ..Haha!!!

* How to Stop Worrying and Start Living - Dale Carnegie *

I am an avid reader, particularly novels, magazines, but philosophical books like this tends to make me sleepy. Boo!! However, in attempt to improve my perception in life and broaden my views, i must finish chapter 1 tonight before i go to sleep. Must do it!! Off to watch Gossip Girl now..starting any minute now..Yeehaa!!

2 comments:

  1. u know i read his book... emm, he has other in a range. not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha..i'm only up to chapter 3 but definitely agree with u, not bad at all. some of the examples he used are quite interesting. shall start on chapter 4 now =)

    ReplyDelete