Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Korean day

Woke up with a knack for Korean food. Hehe! Me and my cravings! Oh well! Since I had to return something that i loaned from my doc's @ Ampang Puteri Hospital, I decided to head to my favorite dodgy Korean restaurant at the Korean Village not far from the hospital for lunch.

* My outfit for today - Navy blue sleeveless blouse (Zara), flowery skirt (latest haulage from Forever 21), black belt (from Taiwan - RM20 only) and my beloved red Aldo work-bag (bought it for RM100 during one of their sales. what a steal, huh?) *

Restaurant Korea is the name of the place. Basically, I've been to this place a couple of times previously. It looks a bit dodgy on the inside but I just love their friendly service and reasonable pricing for the food. Plus, I get to sit in my own secluded booth.


Super hungry today! So, I ordered a Korean Bim Bim Bap (rice with mixed vege on a hotstone bowl) and a Kimchi and Pork Belly soup. I tend to order these 2 dishes each time I visit this place.

* I'm a Coke gal *


* Bim Bim Bap *

* This is what it looks like after you mix it with the sauce *

* Kimchi and pork belly soup *

* Side dishes plus complimentary bowl of Korean style dried vege soup *


* Weirdo side dishes - pickled turnip (tastes quite alright. slightly salty); pickled ginger (err...didn't dare to try. Am definitely not a big fan of ginger!) *

Looks good doesn't it? Oh! Did I mention that I ate all the above alone? HaHa! A hearty meal for me.. *pat on my big tummy+evil smile* Total bill - RM33 only. Paid Lotte Mart a visit after lunch, couldn't resist leaving the place without getting some korean snacks and beverages, right?


* My haulage from the mart *

BTW, the cashier spoke to me in Korean language when I paid for my stuff. I was a bit blur, after a heavy lunch. Then the owner of the mart, friendly guy I would say, spoke to me. He asked whether I was Korean. I said no. He thought I was and he said the stuff I bought are popular Korean snacks. Hmmm...weird! But it's not the first time I've experienced this. Last Friday, was at Library for a drink with some people, a guy from the next table approached me and asked whether I was Korean. First thought that came into mind was he's shitting me. A stupid, lame trick to talk to me and get my number. Whatever, rite!!! And I forgot to mention, he's not good looking at all and a bit on the aging side. A definite no no!! Yucks!!!

But seriously, do I look Korean? I don't think so... =P

* Kam sa mida??? (I look weird in this pic, huh?)*

No comments:

Post a Comment