Monday, October 19, 2009

dinner


* My dinner *

* Luncheon Meat *

* Seaweed soup with chinese mushrooms, egg and crabsticks *

* Today's special - Asam prawns *

Finally, i managed to cook my asam prawns for dinner today. Fried some luncheon meat and boiled some seaweed soup to go with the prawns. Did all those in an hour *pat on my shoulder*. Smart, eh? Initially wanted to cook those last night, but was feeling a bit lazy so i decided to go out for dinner with fellow hommie and my hometown friend. Been hibernating at home for a tad too long. Needed some fresh air. I brought them to Restaurant Ho Boh, the same hakka restaurant i went to last week with my aunts & cousins at Jalan Puchong. Brought my camera this time. *LOL*

* Menu - containing the lists of delicious and wonderful Hakka dishes *

* The interior *

* Hakka Rui cha, a Hakka speciality (green tea soup not thick enough though but not bad according to the ppl who've tasted this!) *

* Another Hakka speciality - abacus (made of yam) with fried shallots, chinese mushrooms, dried shrimps, 'choy pou' and spring onions (yummy! yummy! my fav!) *

* Hakka fried ikan kampung with cili padi & garlic (delicious! Very appetizing!) *

* Hakka fried meat (thumbs up!) *

* Lotus with pork (so so only) *

* Long grained, brown rice (healthy!) *

* Complimentary soup *

* My dinner mates (camera shy) *
Note: Check out the framed thingy's on the wall. Those are all the articles of magz and newspapers that have featured reviews on this restaurant.

Everyone was very full & sated by the end of the meal! I reckon, this is definitely a must try! What a wonderful meal on a Sunday night =)


No comments:

Post a Comment