Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fancy a green beer? ..


Finally, I've made my visit to Craft Brews, one of the latest watering hole in Mutiara Damansara after it's been open publicly early this year.  We were looking for a place to have dinner and also, in conjuction with the World Cup fever, to catch the Argentina vs Nigeria match. 




Hunger pangs hit us upon scheming through the menu, and something caught my eye on the signature brew section - Monster Green Lager! Green beer ??? .. Eww!!! That was my first reaction. Two of my brave frennies, F and N decided to give it a try (kudos to them!!). As for me, I decided on the English Ale, which sounds more decent than the green stuff.  Curious to know what the Monster Green Lager looks like? 

Here you go ..

* The monster stuff with my English ale in the middle *

To ease our growling tummies, F ordered the Honey Mustard Back Ribs, N had the Chicken Maryland with mash and I decided on the Tex Mex Spicy Back Ribs. 

* Honey Mustard Back Ribs *

* Chicken Maryland *

* Tex Mex Spicy Back Ribs *

* Weizen - my second drink *
Reviews:-

(Booze)
  • Monster Green Lager - Not as creepy as it looks like. Tasted like watered down beer (a bit too light for my liking). Taste wise not as interesting as the color though.
  • English Ale - More towards the strong side, tasted a bit like Guiness Stout. Not too bad, maybe more for the guys.
  • Weizen - Amongst all, I prefer this the most! Smooth, rich and easy to drink.
(Food)
  • Honey Mustard back ribs - Nice combination of sauce, well marinated into the ribs. Thumbs up for this!!! The only downside is the amount of meat on the ribs is more on the less side. Nevertheless, at the end of the meal, you'll still be stuffed with the generous amount of potato wedges served.
  • Chicken Maryland - Lean chicken meat served. Good presentation. N gave a thumbs up for this as well. Um.. as for me, apart from the excessive pepper in the mash, all's well.
  • Tex Mex spicy back ribs - Mediocre compared to the other two dishes. The honey mustard ribs tasted better. But I do have to admit that I loved the wedges, which was fried to perfection. Crispy on the outside.
Anyways, it was a good, fun night with the guys (H, my ex-hsmate joined us latter that night) and not forgetting, N. Special thanks to F for treating us dinner and drinks (post belated birthday perks *winks*). Hope you win your next match (he lost bet on the Argentina match. Boo!). Another night filled with food, booze and good company! 

Oh! After that, we went for supper and had more food, Indomee at the mamak. Arghh!! No wonder I'm gaining inches on my waist .. >.<


Craft Brews
Jalan PJU 7/2
Mutiara Damansara, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor


No comments:

Post a Comment