Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Friday ...


Initially, the day started out pretty glum as there was some unexpected tax issues to be settled that rainy Friday morning. However, as I was heading towards the Tax Office (which was 5 mins from where I stay), the sun was shining again and I received a call *smiles*  from one of the company's that I submitted my CV to. 

Whoopee doo!! Interview is set on Monday, 5.30pm. So excited!!! Hope everything turns out alright! Am trying not to keep my hopes too high but one can't help but be excited about the upcoming interview, right? Btw, the lady on the phone (the allegedly sales manager, which I would be under IF *fingerscrossed* I get the job) seems pretty nice and surprisingly, young. 

So, tax issues settled (check!), interview on Mon (check!).. What's next? I proceeded to the 3rd Mile Square located along Old Klang Road to meet up my frenny, R, for a French nail session. Yes! I am her nail model again to practise upon for her upcoming competition in July. And yes! Free nail sessions. 

* Crystal UV gel French manicure - Looks more natural, don't you reckon? *

Anyways, it certainly did take a few good hours (3 hours) for this, so for those who are interested to get this done, please be prepared to sit there till your ass is flat!!! Mine took longer because in order to remove the previous design on my 1cm-long Crystal UV gel extension nails, R, had to do a tremendous amount of filing (that's the only way to remove the Crystal UV gel from your nails). 

This time, I opted for a more decent length for convenience sake. Did I mention that few days prior to the removal of the 'green, camouflage design', I accidentally poked my right eye with my own nails (clumsy me!!) .. OMG!! I was perpetually petrified for a second because the nails were super long and I felt a scratch on my eyeballs. Thank god! I'm alright AND not blinded by my own carelessness. ;P

The day was pretty full on with dinner at Ecoba (didn't manage to try the food the first time I was there) followed by second rounds at Beer Factory, Giza, Kota Damansara to watch the Portugal vs. Brazil match. Dinner at Ecoba turned out to be dauntingly disappointing, service wise, which indirectly affected my take on the food we ordered. 

For starters, the thing that annoyed me was there was perpetually no one at the front to   help us get a table. Waiters were walking past us, ignoring the incoming guests. Which was VERY RUDE, especially in the servicing industry. Secondly, most of the tables were all reserved and the funny thing is ... no one were sitting on the reserved tables except placement cards. Not even for diners. How can you enjoy dinner sitting at the bar? Ridiculous, don't you think? And thirdly, the thing that blew me off was, the waiter had the cheeks to ask us to finish up quickly so that they could give the table up for reservations. WTF??? 

Anyways, when the second waiter came back with my check and asks us whether we would like another drink, I answered him "  No! Because your other colleague was asking us RUDELY to quickly finish up and leave so that the table could be given up for reservation!!! I would never dine or come here again!!". Not that I expected any apologies from these no-brainers, but I'm sure not to visit that friggin' place ever again in my life!!!  Why should I pay for bad service?? I'm striking this place of my list!! Officially blacklisted!!!! 

Food wise, the pasta was merely mediocre in taste and a bit too salty for my liking. I had the pasta avocado and salmon, while my frenny, N, ordered the aglio olio with shrimp. The amount of avocado and salmon was ridiculously stingy to the core (check out the pic below). Presentation wise - 2/10!! Taste - 4/10. Service - ZERO!! Not a mere respect for the customers at all!!



Anyways, highlight of the day? Definitely the phone call for interview !!! ;) 
Wish me luck, yo!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment