Friday, June 4, 2010

OMG!!! Saleeeeeeessssss ...


What a pleasant discovery!! Have just stumbled upon this site called Shopping n Sales (Psst ...already saved this link in my bookmark for future references!!!). And, guess what?? 


Too bad, I, of all person, should not even think of going or can not afford the luxury of sales or shopping at the moment!! Oh well .. Wtf!!! I am not so into Gucci (not saying it just to make myself feel better), except for their shoes, clothes and accessories. Plus, Gucci are for commoners. Oops! A bit of arrogance detected here ..but it's true!! Especially in Asian countries (MYS, HK, SG and bla! bla! bla!). 

A perfect example would be HongKong. Walk along any streets in Tsim Sha Tsui area - especially Canton Road (where all the luxury stores are located), off-hand you can see the same Gucci or LV bag carried by 4 or 5 different person. Or nearer, go to Pavilion, KLCC, Mid-Valley etc.. the amount of people carrying either a Speedy or Neverfull (LV) is just ridiculous!! Or Gucci totes .. and some even have the audacity to carry fakes!! Eeeww ... an utter disgrace to all the bag lovers out there!!! If you can't afford one, then don't get one! 

Reason being, go to any one of the malls, aunties, grandma's, 'ah lian's'  etc .. all carry the same stuff. Same goes to LV and Coach. And sad to say, usually to these type of homosapiens, LV, Gucci and Coach are the few luxury brands that they know of. SooOo typical!! 

This reminds me of a personal experience over a year ago, during a Taipei trip. I will not mention names but what happen was like this:- 

(@ FENDI store, Taipei 101) 

Frenny, 'A': Which bag should I buy? Is it ok if I get the same Zucha as you? I loveeee the pink one (last one standing & the one that I chose). 
Me: *speechless* Erm ........... I guess it's ok. Maybe we can check with the retail assistant to see whether there's stock.
Frenny 'B': Ok ... But I think I want to check out COACH first. 
Frenny 'C' : Why of all brands, COACH??? Look! DIOR is around the corner, let's go and have a quick look first so that you have more options to play around with.

* After waiting for 20-30 mins, I had to scour to the Dior store to get them. Paid for our goods at FENDI and headed back to DIOR *

Frenny 'A' : Look! What do you think of this bag? Don't you think it's too expensive for a DIOR?
Me: What?? RM1800 (after conversion) is expensive? This is a DIOR bag we're talking about!!! I'd buy that in split second. (@#$%^& in my mind, frustration level = medium)
Frenny 'A' : Really? But not many people know of this brand.
Frenny 'B' and me : *frustration escalating*  You have got to be kidding!!! Anyone who doesn't know DIOR is a loser .. Besides, why care about others? You are the one paying for the bag.
Frenny 'A' : I know, but I want others to know which brand of bag I'm carrying mah... Can I check out COACH first? I think I prefer COACH over DIOR. 'Coz more people can recognize COACH bags.
Frenny 'B', 'C' and me : =.= III ... 

 Omg! It was most frustrating, talking to someone who clearly DO NOT KNOW anything about luxury brands. And the cherry on the cake was, she was the most indecisive   person EVER!!!! Even the guys, B & C can't take it too.. 

I reckon, there should be LUXURY BRAND's education implemented for those who choose to carry these bags !!! *LOL* And some people have not even heard of Balenciaga, D'Squared, Roberto Cavalli etc... What is wrong with these people??? Geez ..

Better go stuff myself with breakfast to ease the frustration.. *LOL*
>.<

No comments:

Post a Comment