Tuesday, December 15, 2009

More of work/escapade @ Langkawi ..

* This is the main reason for my presence in Langkawi - work!! *

Basically, the trip wasn't actually that bad at all until the a**hole arrived on Friday night. So, I had to only bear a day and a half of his pain in the a** presence (which is equally BAD enough!!). Anyways, I don't and won't dwell on this shyte-head issue. Thank god for the presence of some other reps, which offered to drive us (me & another pain in the a** aka. shoe polisher partner) out town (very, very far away from the hotel - takes roughly about an hour or so) for dinner and some shopping the first night. Fyi! A trip by the local taxi from the hotel costs a whooping RM85 one way (am totally not kidding!!) while, the hotel taxi costs rm105 (!!!). Wtf? This is just crazyy!! Super luxurious place for super rich fools, I reckon!!

So we headed out to Kuah, after braving through some windy and extremely dark and narrow roads, along the way, trying our best NOT to vomit *blurghhhh* and was basically starving like hell by the time we reached town after an hour's drive. Had some simple Chinese 'Tai chow' which comprises of fried noodles and rice to share among the troop. Wasn't in the mood to take any pics though. Plus, I didn't have much appetite for dinner due to fatigue from lack of sleep and the traveling.

However, I did feel slightly better the moment I stepped into the duty free shop *lol* and the rest was history. Btw, I've tried my very best to control myself and I think I've done well by not going overboard this time. Just bought some chocs, a bottle of Chivas Regal (to bring home), a 6-pack of Heineken and a bottle of Shiraz (for my stay in Langkawi). So here are the pics of my tiny loot from the duty free shop :-

* Alcohol *

* Sweet things *

Total bill:-
  • Chivas - RM64 only (less 3% if paid cash. Original price - RM67)
  • Penfold's Shiraz Cabernet - RM31 (less 2% if paid cash. Original price - RM33)
  • Heineken 6- pack - Rm14.70 (approx. RM 2.5 per can ONLYYYY!!)
  • Chocs - RM139.60
Luckily for me, coincidentally my ex-colleagues are also having their annual meeting here at Langkawi from Friday - Wednesday. They came over to fetch me from The Datai, about 10 minutes away from Andaman both nights (Friday and Saturday). I do have to admit that there were some mixed feelings seeing them. Hmm.. Happy for sure that I'm in the company of more fun people and gratitude, for they still made me feel like I'm part of them. I presume being amongst positive energy certainly made me feel more relaxed, like myself again. And I realized, I do miss their company for sure!

Anyway, here are some pics of one of the suite at The Datai before I get all sappy and emotional *lol* :-

* Bedroom *

* Lazy bed *

* Dining hall - behind the curtains, doorway which opens to the balcony with views of the lush Rainforest *

* Super spacious bathroom - There's actually 2 in the suite. This is the bigger of the two. *

* Bathtub & me, the photographer *

Next, pics of my room service: -

* Penang Char Kuey Teow *

* Nasi goreng with prawn cracters, omelete and sambal chicken *

Guess how much was the room service?? RM40 + 10 % service charge = RM44 for a plate of nasi goreng *pfftttt*. Same goes for the noodle. No choice! Since town was so far away, this is the only alternative to ease an empty tummy. Logically speaking, I should be able to claim this under my company, BUT the low- life a**hole, which is EXTREMELY stingy and bloody CHEAPSKATE denied us of that priviledge. F***!!! As always, he is trying to make our life miserable. He thinks by doing so, our big boss would give him credits for helping the company save $. Wtf!!! Bloody god damn faggot!!

Oh! Btw, to my utter surprise, room service was actually much nicer compared to the food provided during lunch and breakfast. Hmm.. This reminds me of another low-life cheapskate person, the a**hole's blue eye boy aka. my so-called 'partner'. When he saw the price of room service and with the denial of claims, he starved the night eating chocolates because he was also a scrooge and couldn't bear paying RM40 for room service. The next morning, he attacked the buffet breakfast and ate till he almost vomit. Wtf?? Geez... Whatever!! None of my biz at all!! I try my best not to associate with these low life people. I must say, we are totally from different standards!! Grrr..


* Upclose *

Another happy moment was getting free laser sessions twice for both my arms and elbows from Innomed, whose booths were next to us. Asclepion is the name of the machine and apparently it just arrived from the States and is not available anywhere yet. Main function is for polishing and rejuvenation of the skin. Target area, face, arms, legs, neck, elbows and it also helps to lighten scars. The best thing about this machine is NO DOWNTIME at all *hearts*.

Last but not least, some cam-whoring of course!!

* Having a puff at the balcony *

* Bored *

* My fav pic taken at the beach - the pathway *

* Free product from Uriage (French company) *
Note :- Bag resembles one from Longchamp!! Cetak rompak, Aiyo! ^o^

No comments:

Post a Comment